What is Job Analysis?
Job Analysis is the prescribed process of identifying the content of a job in terms activities involved and attributes needed to perform the work and recognizes major job requirements. In other words, it means:
- The technique for determining the duties and skill requirements of a job and the kind of person who should be hired for it.
- The process of job analysis results in two set of data:
- Job description: A list of jobâ€™s duties, responsibilities, reporting relationships, working environment and supervisory responsibility.
- Job specification: A list of jobâ€™s â€œhuman requirements,â€ that is necessary education, skills, personality and so on.
What is Job description?
A job description should include:
- Job Title: Explains the position, rank or level.
- Job location: It includes the physical location of the job, the days and hours of the position, and contains any potential overtime that may be required to perform the job.
- Goals and Objectives: it contains goals and objectives the incumbents should be accomplishing in its job.
- Position Reports To: It consist of those persons who the employee should report to i.e. the boss of the job holder
- Immediate level subordinates: A job description also includes the subordinates of the job holder.
- Machines, tools and equipmentâ€™s used: It includes those machines and tools which will be used by the job holder to perform his duties.
- Key Responsibilities: The key responsibilities section of your job description should give clear and unambiguous detail of the core tasks that your employee is accountable and responsible for.
- Core Skills: The core skills section of a job description are those minimum skills and experience that the incumbent will need to perform the job in a professional and responsible manner for your organization.
- Authority limits: The employee should know his authority limits. He shouldnâ€™t go beyond his authority limits.
- Working environment: It includes the kind of environment in which the job holder will work.
- Hazards: The hazards involved in performing the job is also included in it
What is Job specification?
It includes the following:
Age, sex, education, professional qualification,
Special qualification: languages, marital status, vehicle ownership, achievement in other fields
Stability, industrious, loyalty, self-reliance, leadership.
Money, security, status, power, perfection, competitiveness, service, recognition.
Degree of emotional immaturity:
Incapacity of self-dependence
Disregard of consequences
Unwillingness to accept responsibility
May 20, 2017