REQUISITES OF A GOOD AVERAGE OR MEASURE OF CENTRAL TENDENCY
According to Prof. Yule, the following are the requirements to be satisfied by an ideal average or measure of central tendency.
• It should be rigidly defined.
• It should be easy to understand and calculate.
• It should be based on all the observations.
• It should be suitable for further mathematical treatment.
• It should be affected as little as possible by fluctuations of sampling.
• It should not be affected much by extreme observations.
February 15, 2018